A Feeling of Foreboding

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 pm

"Surrender? Don't make me laugh. What do you promise these people that you scare into your cult? Nothing but an empty promise not to kill them? Those two soldiers that you just killed. Were they once dragons like me and my fellow students? Did you promise not to kill them on the spot in exchange for their loyalty too? The people who live here were happy and prosperous until you arrived. Why are you trying to change a working system? For what purpose are you even trying to conquer anything? For greed, with the false implication that what you are attempting is for some "greater good"? No. I will not surrender to you and your half-baked soldiers."
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Tavarius on Wed May 13, 2015 1:25 pm

"Very well, I see we will get nowhere with words. The arrogance of time dragons," I cracked my neck as I walked away muttering the last words, signaling the new squads of soldiers forward. I clicked a button on my helmet, "this is Lietenant Tavarius Tyberius, confirming my ground assessment to authorize open-engagement."

There was a reply on the other line, and the sound of fighting erupted from all around. What had been a background of peppering explosions and yells, was now a constant drone of metal clashing above screams of the fighting and the dying. Blackened dragons swarmed the skies and shook the earth destroying everything below them or in their path.
avatar
Tavarius

Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by teku hikari on Wed May 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Twirls around the dark dragons then finiishes theblst with a ddt crushing the dragons skull }...pants}...geez thats the 3rd set of a flock....whats going on back there? { patrols around my post}
avatar
teku hikari

Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 14

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Tavarius on Wed May 13, 2015 1:41 pm

The dragons Teku just fought began to stand back up, some hacking up sludge or blood; putting once rotting limbs back into place with an black tendrils where the limbs recovered and became normally functioning pieces of their bodies once more. Their eyes now glowing a pale hue, they no longer rushed berserk with little strategy or skill. They fought efficiently and tactically, dodging and weaving around attacks at unnatural speeds and defending themselves from attacks they shouldn't have even known were coming. It was a drastic change in the tide of the battle.
avatar
Tavarius

Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Wed May 13, 2015 1:46 pm

How dare he turn his back on me, I think to myself angrily. "Do not take me lightly Tavarius!" My turn. I connect my mind with every student, teacher, and nurse at school, "Every able-bodied dragon. If you have not already done so, suit up and form your ranks. This is what we trained for. War." Soon a huge swarm of dragons began to emerge from the school like a hive of bees. The fights, which had clearly been small scuffles, now grew into full-scale battles. Blood is being spilt, and dragons are falling. My scythe fades and I launchmyself into the air. I look down on the city. Locating the untouched part of the city I dive down and begin evacuating each home, "Go to the tunnels! Get to the school. The shield will be up in no time! Gather more people at you go, and defend yourselves! Be sure to put up shields as you retreat." House to house, as fast as I can, "Leave everything behind! Just run!" I watch with worry as the soldiers advance. I land and begin to fight off the advancing soldiers on my own. I just need to buy time.
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Wed May 13, 2015 3:58 pm

I then saw dark dragons destroy and attack the place and I knew that my force field wasn't going to last long. I then squeezed Lacie's hand tight and thought hard about Luna's room. I then shut my eyes and opened them and we were at her room. I then put a force field around the room to protect us, This should buy us enough time to get the crystal." I said opening her closet and saw the false door at the corner and opened it and saw the portal. "She said you know the pass phrase. Once you say it go in and all the way in the back and see a section of crystals, you'll know it when you see it which one to get. Now hurry!" I said to her as I looked around Luna's room and saw a book about psychic dragons and very powerful moves. Maybe this will give me a few moves. I'll return it when I finish reading it. I thought to myself and opened the book flipping through the pages and reading most of what I can get before the force field breaks. Luna, once I get the crystal and safely get Lacie back to replace it I will fly towards you. I found a move that can probably help defeat a bunch of these dragons around me and it can buy us sometime. Unless you have another plan?
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by vahlok sed volum on Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Splotches of unidentifiable masses of plant and fungal matter erupted from pipes in the bathrooms and fountains on campus, smashing through the walls and floors. From them formed dark dragons, Mercy among them in the halls of the alchemy classes; nature dragons corrupted by the scourge, they had travelled through the sewage and natural matter that fed on the filth within. The school practically void of defenders at Luna's order, they made quick progress towards the school fortifications and flag.
avatar
vahlok sed volum

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element:
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Shit, big problem, my tower security had to barricade in the door. We've got an entire battalion of enemy troops in the school and they're taking over the defenses! Not sure how long we can keep them out of our tower, but I'm not gonna sugar coat it, there's no way in hell in surviving this unless we do something. Personally, I'm thinking tactical retreat. We regroup, we can restrategize. We know the defenses and the city better than them, we can take it back easier than they could defend it. Worse comes to worst, we lose the city, but at least not the Warriors and can set up at one of the neighboring cities to fight this war.
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by teku hikari on Wed May 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Oh no...these things wont give up....i really need back up now {keeps my guard up}
avatar
teku hikari

Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 14

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Wed May 13, 2015 5:05 pm

I looked at Lacie and at the force field. I took the book and put it in my bag. "This force field will protect you until you get that crystal. Im going to help the others." I said as I grabbed my sword and broke the window to fly to Teku. Lacie is grabbing the crystal. Im going to save Teku. Lets go with your plan and restrategize. Any ideas to buy some time? Or where to meet? I thought to Margurka and then tackled a dark dragon near Teku's surrounding. "I have your back." I said to Teku as I continued fighting the dark dragons.
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by teku hikari on Wed May 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Thank god {smiles as i super kick a dragon behind athey}
avatar
teku hikari

Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 14

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm

I growled to myself, not entirely happy with the solution. I offered, I really don't like it, but we should probably buy time holding out here; surrendering once the city is evacuated. We won't lose the planet if we lose one city, and if we're lucky we won't have to lose our lives. That'll mean evacuating our best and brightest too though to coordinate the counter-offensive. Athemise, Luna, that means you too. Is there any word if they're coordinating attacks anywhere else on the planet?
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Wed May 13, 2015 7:33 pm

You want to give up the capital that is supposed to be defended by the galaxies greatest school of warriors? What does that tell all the other dragons at every other planet? I respond to Margurka. I dodge an attack and jump onto the roof of a building, crouching and studying the situation. Many citizens successfully escaped. We have to at least reclaim the school...
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Wed May 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Very well, but if you wish to save the school it will mean we will have to pull our forces out from the city. We'll be losing it and the civilians still in scourge territory. Any other city will be cut off from our forces, any other planet, and the dark dragons can just sit and wait outside to hold us in here while they have free reign over the rest of the universe.
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Wed May 13, 2015 8:45 pm

You realize the front door is not the only entrance, right? Not to mention, students and staff can teleport. I was so adamant at putting up the shield because it is a great stronghold. Even if they got it, there are many areas that no amount of force or magic can get enemies in...
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 pm

So the plan is? I asked them as I continued fighting the dark dragons with Teku.
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by vahlok sed volum on Thu May 14, 2015 12:23 am

Mercy stood out in his approach as towards Teku and Athemise, as the only white armored being in a sea of black. The dark dragons around him slowly let up on their assault, holding still as he stood feet from the entrance to their tower.

"Sixteen full casualties," he looked to the corpses, "impressive for a pair of students. Though you do have the advantage of position and element. Were more of them able to fight less conventionally this would have been over long ago. Why continue this?"
avatar
vahlok sed volum

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element:
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 am

From what I'm hearing, the plan is to fight to hold the school, and should we need to fall back, there are impenetrable defenses for us to retreat to and hopefully wait for the massive army surrounding us to go home. The idea we could teleport out and they not teleport in is very risky and assumes they can't jam us from long distance teleportation like they could jam our ability to detect the attackers. I am merely presenting you our worst case scenarios, as is my duty as your strategist.

These are the dragons that ended your race Luna, the most powerful beings we've ever known; the scourge is the greatest threat the universe has ever known. I will die to end them, we all would, but I will not die for a building. If we leave, the worst that will happen is a fighting chance to take it back. If we stay, the worst case is dying for a monument to a dead race.


Splintering began to come from the doors below me, and a soldier holding the doors hollered about breaching.

I have said what I can think of. I await your orders.
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Thu May 14, 2015 8:56 am

"Why do you continue this?" I said to Mercy, "We both have bigger enemies ahead of us." They may be a big threat but we have a bigger enemy. The world eaters. If we continue fighting half of them and all of us will be dead, then what is there to fight and protect. I thought out to the others. I will die to protect us and maybe this school, but I dont want to die. Not now and not today. I agree with Margurka, I know we dont want to retreat but if we dont soon we will die. Honestly, I dont know how long I will last fighting them. So its up to you guys to decide. An idea is have certain students teleport to the city, grab civilians and teleport them out of here and cone back to rhe school to fight. Sure it will take longer but I think now that most have been evacuated we can get the last left and then come back and fight I held onto my sword tightly, "I dont want to fight you Mercy. Why here? If we can just stop fighting we can fix all this work together and fight a bigger enemy. I don't want things to end like this."
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by vahlok sed volum on Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am

At the mention of the World Eaters, the few other dark dragons with Mercy turned to look at him, before one spoke.

"How do they know?"

It was the last sentence they spoke, as coursing black vines ripped out of the ground strangling each of them. The bodies rotted in seconds to various states of decay.

"Unfortunate. Four good men had to die today attempting to claim this tower. I will have to advise my superiors to retreat. Our berserker class personnel aren't quite as effective against the Warriors of Tempo Regine. We will probably have to bring in our own combat personnel to take the city." Mercy played cute with his warning before speaking openly in the presence of the horde of dark dragons that seemed to be completely unaware of the situation around them.

"The World Eaters are the bigger threat, but we've already tried to stop the fighting. Unity is the only way we will win, you are right. But we will never be able to unite conventionally while their pawns remain in our midst, stamping out flickers of hope like your engagement party. Tavarius could easily change that-I could change that-but to reveal ourselves now is far more dangerous. The dark dragons are still weak compared to the World Eaters. We need the time to awaken their potential, so we continue amongst their ranks to do that, and continue the war to satisfy the World Eaters. So long as everything continues to go according to plan, they will have no reason to suspect anything is awry. If Tempo Regine burns to buy us the time we need to build an army capable of defying them, well I know I can speak for Tavarius when I say that none of our tears will be shed over that loss."
avatar
vahlok sed volum

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element:
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Thu May 14, 2015 3:12 pm

"So you'll continue this war for them? To hide all this?" I got frustrated at him, "Then what? Watch this place burn along with the students here? For what? To buy you time? If you continue the same path as the last time and think you can change it you must be out of your minds. I'm tired of seeing people die, both dark dragons and students here, aren't you?" I asked him as I raised my voice. "There just has to be another way.."
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by vahlok sed volum on Thu May 14, 2015 4:16 pm

"If a more effective way of stopping the coming invasion arises, then we will grasp it," Mercy made sure to emphasize this point with his own hand, "For now, Tavarius is convinced that the most promising strategy is pretending we aren't preparing. I suggest you catch on to the way of things soon. The more people who know these secrets, the higher the risk of someone doing something that will tip the World Eaters off and launch their invasion before we are ready. Why do you think we insisted on intervening on Amets?

We set up a detailed cover up to suggest Amets' warriors killed the World Eater Scout, suffering mass casualties, and that the Queen hid this information from the public. The World Eaters' spies should be intrigued finding Amets' royalty hid the incident, and satisfied when they see that they are researching the scout, because they can put a stop to this fake research; which they probably already have.

Now we are invading Tempo Regine, showing that despite the attempts to unite, the known universe remains divided; no more cause for alarm to our onlooking friends from afar.

However, speaking of that cause for alarm, isn't Amets supposed to be working out a peace treaty with the dark dragons? Are you not afraid of how they will react to the Princess they have worked to put on the throne fighting their armies? Not even who will suffer for this?"
avatar
vahlok sed volum

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element:
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Thu May 14, 2015 4:46 pm

I choked on my words and froze. He was right, but was angry at what he said. I growled at him and put my sword down for some weird reason. "I hate you," I said quietly.
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by vahlok sed volum on Thu May 14, 2015 4:52 pm

"I do not blame you, an enemy's Mercy is the most shameful of ways to survive," he answered, before pointing to Teku, "now I suggest you wipe this young lady's memory and send her to your allies. So long as you personally stay out of this fight, we may be able to salvage that treaty yet."
avatar
vahlok sed volum

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element:
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by teku hikari on Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Uhh athey...nows not the time to be day dreaming we need to activate the south post {looks concered}
avatar
teku hikari

Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 14

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum