A Feeling of Foreboding

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Tue May 12, 2015 6:59 am

(Let's just jump right in)
I landed before the front door to the school at night and walk towards the hall when something stops me in my tracks. A tight feeling in my stomach and a chill up my spine. I jump to the side and the ground where I had been standing burst into flames. I quickly turn to see the attacker, but there was no one in sight. My tail flicks around and I back towards the door. Another ball of fire, seemingly from nowhere, shoots at me so fast I have no time to dodge. I put out my hand, surround it with water, and catch the flame, snuffing it. I sniff the air. I smell a small group of people. They must be cloaking themselves. "How cheap and cowardly. Just fight me straightforward. " No one revealed themselves, but this time they must have agreed to all attack at once because the night sky was lit of with dozens of fireballs, all aimed directly at me. "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9... 23. So close. I guessed that there were 24 of you." I opened my wings wide and then quickly flapped them together one, powering the attack with wind magic. The weak flames went out easily. Five flames continued their course towards me. I was going to block those, but then I felt something moving up my leg and to my arms. "Shit" it was black, sludge-like water. It quickly covered my legs and arms and turned to black ice. I couldn't move so I took the rest of th flames head-on. "Maybe now is a good time to send a distress call..." And I send a mental beacon, "We're under attack! Guard ever entrance. Don't let them get in! Don't go anywhere without a psychic! They're cloaked."
Then I smirk, "I was right... 24." I break the ice and get ready for the real fight and for backup.
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Tavarius on Tue May 12, 2015 11:12 am

An explosion rang out from within the school, a cloud of smoke coming from the armory; triggered by the first responders who attempted to prepare to defend the school. If any had survived the explosion unscathed, their equipment had not.
avatar
Tavarius

Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

To no surprise, I was already awake, well couldnt. After watching Luna, in order to find out who the people were attacking the school now, I ran to the girls dorm and opened their doors. "Guys. I hate to break your beauty sleep but get your weapons. We're under attack." I said casually as my sword appeared.
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Tue May 12, 2015 11:30 am

I burst from my room with the soldier that was sent to inform me of the attack, rushing towards the boy's dormitory and slamming my way into it. I ran down the hall, blasting each door open with waves of pressure.

"We are under attack! Get your asses out of bed! We are evacuating the city!"
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 am

I couldn't leave the attackers alone, but someone needs to go to activate the schools shield, so I made a mental call, "If anyone is available, we need four students to go activate the schools shield. There is a spire to the North, South, East and West with huge crystals at the top! Activating each one will erect the shield and prevent damage." I mentally scanned the area, trying to break the psychic cloak that made the attackers invisible, but it was hard to concentrate as I was dodging and attacking. With my current power I can't hold them off alone for too long. Some students were appearing slowly around me, but they were all first years and not very powerful.
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Tavarius on Tue May 12, 2015 12:10 pm

The city streets were still quiet as I and the other invasion teams flooded the dark neighborhoods with our forces. The fight at the school was a small skirmish for now, one that wouldn't alert the guardsman here. We quietly dispatched of any we could to march as deeply into the city as possible before our full-scale invasion would begin. One quick and decisive strike and hundreds, maybe thousands, would be our hostages or converts. From then, it was a matter of time.
avatar
Tavarius

Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Tue May 12, 2015 12:56 pm

(Pft! Nice.)
The number seemed small. There were so few attacking, and we are a highly esteemed school of wariors... could it be a distraction. Just as the thought occurred to me another wave of fire rained down on us. "This is getting boring and repetitive," I mumble to myself. I wave my hand and put out most of the fire, but immediately behind the fire were arrows following. They rained down on us, bringing down many of the students and almost hitting me. "There is no way you're taking me down with an arrow." I put up a shield and mentally scanned the area again. "Damn. I was two off, there are actually 25... which still isn't a lot, but they are hidden. That 25th member must be the psychic..." I thought to myself, I gotta take out that psychic dragon...
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Tue May 12, 2015 1:52 pm

I'll help out with activating the shield. I thought out to Luna. I then looked at the girls and threw their weapons at them waking them up, "Time for an adventure! Follow me!" I said to them as I walked out the room and started to run.Now one of you go west and east. Ill take over the north crystal.
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Lacie Albus on Tue May 12, 2015 2:26 pm

I jumped down from my bed and spread my wings, still in my pj's. "I'll head east." I said, holding my bow close. I opened the window and jumped down, flying towards the east.
avatar
Lacie Albus

Posts : 467
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 21
Location : Pruina

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Tue May 12, 2015 2:35 pm

That leaves me with the west, I answered, following the last of the students out of the dorm as response teams led them to the city to carry out the easier task of securing civilians. The main forces would be able defend the school and handle the real fight.

What are we dealing with? I reached out to Luna.
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Lacie Albus on Tue May 12, 2015 2:46 pm

How do we activate he shields? I asked.
avatar
Lacie Albus

Posts : 467
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 21
Location : Pruina

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Tue May 12, 2015 2:53 pm

I dont know yet I think back to Margurka, They are using some sort of cloaking magic. We can't see them and even I can barely sense them, but this is definitely the work of some dark form. I'm going to try to break the magic. I begin calling out commands to the frantic students. I thin respond to Lacie, I remember the head mistress telling me that at the top there is a magic circle on the floor. Just stand in the circle. When someone is standing on each circle the shield will draw a small amount of magic from you to activate on its own. They can only hold for a day or so though. All the magic is stored in the crystals as well. If this is a serious attack then that wont be long enough. On top of that, anyone outside of the shield can't get in and anyone inside can't get out. Time it well. This is important.
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Lacie Albus on Tue May 12, 2015 2:57 pm

"I'm good at standing around." I said to myself. I'm getting close. I thought to Luna. I felt heat emanating behind me and I looked back, seeing a large fireball coming at me fast. "WOAH!!" I tumbled to my left, barely dodging the fireball. I looked back and saw a couple more coming in my direction. I need backup! I'm heading to the Eastern Shield Crystal! I thought out to the people around me.
avatar
Lacie Albus

Posts : 467
Join date : 2015-01-26
Age : 21
Location : Pruina

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Tue May 12, 2015 3:06 pm

I kept running and dodging the fireballs carefully. I then turned to my dragon ex form and started to fly towards the shield. I'm almost there too. I just need one flight of stairs. We need someone to head to the South! I thought out to them and suddenly one fire ball barely touched my left wing. "Ow!" I yelled a bit and stopped. Come on Athey. No time to give up. Just run. I thought to myself and reached the top. I see it!
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by teku hikari on Tue May 12, 2015 3:16 pm

I fly right in} woah glad i came just in time to help out {forms a icy barrier} alright whats the plan here? {I look at athey}
avatar
teku hikari

Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-02-04
Age : 14

Character Profile
Element: Ice
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Tue May 12, 2015 3:24 pm

I heard Lacie's call and as I presumed the school was surrounded by a small army of some sort of dragons. My guess, dark dragons, but i shouldn't jump to conclusions. I thought quickly and just decided to go with the straight forward approach, "I'm not a strategist. Let's just take them all out. I stepped in front of all my allies took a deep breath, pulled a huge amount of power forward, thought, "They can't hide from electricity," and yelled, releasing a huge, paralyzing wave of electricity. They fell to the floor with a loud thud, but they remained cloak. "God dammit... it the psychic even amongst them?" They could be anywhere
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Tue May 12, 2015 3:30 pm

"See this crystal? There is one more on the south side. Get to it and when you hear my thoughts to you, atep in the circle and activate. We dont have much time. Hurry!" I said to her.i then thought out to Luna. When the shield is up. Ill help you find the psychic!!
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Hestia on Tue May 12, 2015 3:37 pm

(I ran outside see the fight. With out a moment to waist I transform into my dragon ex form and took flight) There are to many enemies. I though while dodging some attacks


Last edited by Hestia on Tue May 12, 2015 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hestia

Posts : 434
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Deep within the Dark Forest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Margurka on Tue May 12, 2015 3:38 pm

In sight of the tower, I stopped in my tracks as a fireball slammed in front of me.

The attackers are all using fireballs for all of us? This isn't an attack, it's a show! The question now is what are they trying to hide?

I blasted apart a fireball as it formed in the forest.
avatar
Margurka

Posts : 270
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Teacher
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Hestia on Tue May 12, 2015 3:49 pm

I use my vine whips to defend against the fireballs and try to find anyone I knew. "where could Athemise and the others be at." I thought
avatar
Hestia

Posts : 434
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Deep within the Dark Forest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Tue May 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Hestia. Find people and help them I thought to her and dodged another attack. I dont know but once this shield is up i have a quicker chance on helping Luna find this guy I thought to him and then had an idea. Hestia, head to the top of the north building where I'm at. Im gunna need you to take my place and Ill help Luna. Lacie: when everyone is there on the top its up to you to tell everyone to enter the circle. The sooner we find out who is cloaking the army, the sooner we can fight.
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Hestia on Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Got it Athemise I am on my way I flew as fast as I can. Without a moment to waist I reach the north building see Athemise "Athemise Im here. Go help Luna and Lacie, I'll handle things here." I said determine
avatar
Hestia

Posts : 434
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Deep within the Dark Forest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Luna Nocte on Tue May 12, 2015 4:03 pm

How do you think we can identify the one cloaking the army? I ask Lacie.
avatar
Luna Nocte
Admin

Posts : 115
Join date : 2015-01-20

Character Profile
Element: Time
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile http://newdragonelements.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Tavarius on Tue May 12, 2015 4:05 pm

I watched through the soldier's mind as students from the school arrived at the forward most squads. They were sent to prepare to evacuate; the school was still on high alert since the attack by Necros. They were cut down quickly, and I ordered my soldiers to engage. I kicked in one of the nearest doors, and followed my men inside.
avatar
Tavarius

Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 23

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Other
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Athemise on Tue May 12, 2015 4:05 pm

I hugged her tightly, "Good Luck!" I said to her letting her go and spreaded my wings and jumped in the air to fly. I'm on my way Luna! Just hold on!
avatar
Athemise

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-01-20
Age : 21
Location : Amets

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Feeling of Foreboding

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum