Dragon Elements: A New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Dragonslayer's Missing Wing

2 posters

Go down

A Dragonslayer's Missing Wing Empty A Dragonslayer's Missing Wing

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:55 pm

I kneeled down to feel the footprint of a dragon. A fast and deadly dragon that can kill in seconds and it needed to be taken out.
The fact of this dragon's feat didn't scare me, it was the fear of letting it escape. Another one of these were out and about killing villages and causing casualties. I was just at the school walking on a hallway until a student handed me a poster of this dragon.
"We were told you can kill almost anything...can you please help us? We need some-"
I held up my hand to silence the boy.
"A group of men, like yours, would be killed instantly. I'll handle this alone" I walked towards the gate and opened it to fly.
Here I am. Alone. Was I stubborn? Am I attracting attention? Do people hate me? It didn't matter as these thought flew in my mind.
A flashback went through my head as I saw spears and broken swords stabbed into the ground.
Soldier 1 " *cough cough* "Do....you ever think about...dieing young man?"
Me- "No never."
Soldier- "The worst way to die......is not by a bite mark.....but...being alone *cough*"
Me-....I have a few friends but....honestly I think I lost them..
Soldier- "you should....fight for them instead of....fighting them"
Me- I tried but my ego gets ahead of me
Soldier- "Then I''ll be your friend....*cough cough*
Me-...really?
Soldier- Yeah....you'll be my first one....what's your name?
Me- My name is Helix, Helix Fulman. What about yo-
The man just remain silent with a blank face and the flash back went away.
I stood still and looked at the gray sky as the trees waved it leaves along the wind.
Then a dragon's roar went about and I heard the winds sheering through. The dragon's shadow was going along the ground as I grabbed my sword to look above. Before I got the react, the dragon grabbed me and started to bite me immediately. The chews weren't harming me but my armor was taking a beating. I got my arm loosed and tried to pry it's mouth open but even when I got my hand free it spewed its fire from its mouth. The burn was sensational but it made my armor melt. It then threw me against rocks and flew up high to escape from me. I couldn't let this moment pass so I chased it airborne while dodging its fireballs. It got to a point where I lost it for a minute. There I stood hovering alone and looking around for a sign but not even a shadow was seen.
The dragon then appears from the bottom and grabbed my waist this time. The pain was extraordinaire but strong enough to bite off my lower armor. Just my clothing is all the protection I have against a multi-toothed, fast, fire breathing dragon.
Once more it threw me at the ground this time and landed across from me. I got up and got into my stance as it roared and circled me. It bounced and lunged at me, only giving me a second to react. I dodge until my legs grew weak and countering was my only option. We trade attacks until days past by. I got bit, it got stabbed. We fought until it bit off my left wing. This ringing sound filled my ears when I sliced the dragon three times and threw my sword only for it to dodge and severely bite my side. I used my last bit of power and strength to cast an electric stake and stab it in its eye. The dragon finally dies and I get released from its teeth. I slowly slide off its teeth and fall on my back with a splash of blood to fly around. I dragged myself to get up and slowly limping my way to the school. I kept my head down and I don't have the feeling of crying or feeling pain anymore. The fact that this battle took three days and to leave like this is a disgrace. I sat against a tree and looked up as blood covered my right eye, making the dark clouds all red in my view. I slid to the left and laid down on my back without saying a single word as rain started to pour. I woke up with my faced cleaned but with the rain pouring harder. I still have a missing wing and giant wound marks everywhere. I begin to walk the long way home from here limping.
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile
Element: Electric
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

Back to top Go down

A Dragonslayer's Missing Wing Empty Re: A Dragonslayer's Missing Wing

Post by Lacie Albus Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:15 pm

The storm was absolutely breathtaking. The sound of lightning and rain falling upon the leaves made for excellent ambiance as I sat beneath a cliff, carving a beautiful pattern into a large piece of wood with my small dagger. My art project was interrupted when I saw something limping across the field towards the gates of the school. An animal? No, it's too big. I thought. I noticed the creature had dragon wings, tail, and horns...wings...only one...It was a student. Shit, he's fucked up! I ran out into the rain to check on the student. "Hey!" I shouted. "Are you-" I stopped when I saw Helix's face. Helix. The one who called me human. The one that had no faith in anything I did. The dragon slayer that insulted me regularly because of my upbringing. I had half a mind to let him limp back on his own until Bás' voice entered my head. "The battlefield has no room for savagery. Respect is the most powerful thing a warrior can learn. No magic, no sword, and no beast can ever live up to it's power." Not wanting to disregard Bás' wisdom, I approached him. "Helix, what happened?" I asked calmly, looking over his severe wounds.
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile
Element: Ice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:53 pm

I heard a voice of a female and looked up to see Lacie with a calm face. "I was just doing what Dragonslayers do." I walk by Lacie and tried to fly only to land on my knees. I look at my right wing and all seemed fine to me until I saw my left to only see nothing. I got up slowly only to fall down again. "That dragon that was causing havoc came back and...well, I'll let you figure out the rest." I raised my hand and my sword came flying from the sky. I tried using the sword to get up but I fell once more. I crawled away from Lacie to rest against a wall. "The dragon's gone...so is my wing." I removed a little tooth that was in my shoulder and with a sigh of relief I threw it. "What are you doing out here in this storm?" I said as I slammed my head back to the wall
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacie Albus Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm

"Little art project." I responded. "Wet wood carves easy, my master told me. Now, about that wing." I said, looking at the nub left twitching on his back. "We're going to have to get you to a medic really soon. It looks like it's been raw for a while."
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:25 pm

I try to calm my stub wing as it twitch. "It looks like I won't be flying for awhile, maybe for a long time."
The storm started to pick up and a flash of Thunder went off. For a split second my helmet was on but with a covered shield for the mouth. Another split second my eyes went to a dark red then to normal. My stomach started to grumble as I rubbed it to soothe it. "I can make my way there, but having an ice dragon can numb my pain" I offered my hand to Lacie to help me up.
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacie Albus Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

I took his hand and pulled him up. "Sounds like a good idea." I said. "This is going to hurt." I said, holding my hand up to his missing wing. "It's also going to feel heavy for a while. Just try not to jump." A quick burst of ice shards shot out from my hand and surrounded his wound.
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:26 am

I sat on a tree stump when she casted her ice. As the ice went on my stub, I sat with my head down. "Funny, haven't we seen this before?" A flash of Thunder went off and my armor appeared on me. All repaired and free from scratches, the only difference was the color was a light gray. I grabbed my little scarf attached to on my side and wrapped it on my waist as it gave off a red warm hue off. "Is the infirmary open? I remembered it being destroyed"
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacie Albus Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:56 am

"I'm not sure myself. I've been gone for a while." I admitted. "There's bound to be a doctor somewhere on campus."
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 pm

"Well, I'll go back to my storage room then. I'm sure these bite marks will go away eventually." I got up and limped away but with some posture. I dragged my sword and raised my hand skyward to summon my helmet back. The helmet was shaped differently with the mouth covered and the eyes hidden from enemies. I turn back to Lacie "you should continue your project. You don't want any assignments to be missing" I turned aroundown to continue walking as black drool coming from my mouth. 'I don't feel well.' I must've caught something.
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacie Albus Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 pm

I noticed a strange black sludge fall to the ground and trail after Helix. I had ignored the odd armor appearing at random moments, believing it was just an "Electric Dragon Thing". The red eyes threw me off as well, but again I tried to think nothing of it. The black sludge was where I was drawing the line. Something's not right... I thought. He better go to a healer ASAP. I tried to take a closer look at his helmet as well. Had it always looked that way? I don't recall him covering his face THAT much. I'll have to keep an eye on him.
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 am

I turn and look back at Lacie and saw the small trail and paid no attention to it "Im going back to bring the dragon back to the morgue. Thank you for the ice for my wing. I should be fine by the time I get back."
I walked to where the dragon's corpse was at and knelt down. The dragon was still breathing so I slit it's throat to slay it. A black ooze shoot out and landed on my neck. I quickly try to rub it off and I assumed it came off. "My head hurts now and I'm hungry. This dragon will no longer be a problem" my stomach started to turn and make noises like a beast. "I must be hungry or getting sick." I coughed and on my hand was the black ooze. My eyes widen and i threw the ooze. I turn back towards the coliseum and continued walking to the door. I push open the huge doors as they made cracking noises. I close the doors behind me 'home at last' I thought before made it to my makeshift bed.
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacie Albus Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 am

Okay, now I KNOW something is wrong. I made my way to the school, avoiding the dead dragon's black blood. God knows what that could possibly be. If it messed up Helix that bad, I wanted nothing to do with it. There's got to be a medic around here somewhere.
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:02 am

I closed the door and went to bed immediately. I took off the armor and went to stare at a mirror. The reflection showed myself but in a normal state. I rubbed my face and examined my mouth. Then my eyes widen when I saw my chest. Where my heart was, black veins started to pulsate from it. I wrapped myself in my blanket and went to lay down. "I don't feel sick, I just feel..." I paused and everything went quiet. The window pane was rustling but no sound. I looked as my sword fall and no clash but silence. 'Am I deaf?' I was surprised myself, I couldn't hear myself. I punched my wall and made my shelves fall. I yelled and still couldn't hear. Everything started to go black and I ran down the corridor with darkness surrounding me. I saw a door and ran to it only to reach it when it closes.
I then woke up from my sleep and looked at the window to see it rustling and hear the wind. I could hear my breathing and ran up to the mirror but the dark substance remained on my chest going along my neck and to my cheeks. I gripped the sink and growled. I got my armor back on and left my room. I tried flying but forgot about my missing wing. I tried dashing skyward and fled to the forest.
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacie Albus Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 am

I made my way to what was left of the infirmary, hoping that someone would be there. Whatever is up with Helix could spread throughout the school. The last thing this school needs is a plague.
Lacie Albus
Lacie Albus

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonslayer Helix Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm

"This sickness needs to go away. This disease. This plague." I look at my hand and a surge of ooze and ebony lighting surges through. My pain went away from the wing and bites. I threw the ooze at a tree and walked away to ponder. The ooze lit up a green color and disintegrated the tree when I turned around. In shock I look at my arm and the ooze surged through. The mini explosion left behind some small samples of the ooze but slowly spread bigger
Dragonslayer Helix
Dragonslayer Helix

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: