The Little House by the Beach

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Little House by the Beach

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:18 am

"No, I didn't hear voices." He said. "You're a psychic right? You can read memories... want to see how I killed her? Want to see, WHY I killed her?" He stopped and grabbed her arm, bringing his face close to hers. "It was for the fun of it, kid. Killing became fun for me. I reveled in hearing their tortured screams, the stench of decay and death gave me new levels of ecstasy I could never even imagine!" He released her and shook his head in disgust. "It turned me into a monster. I killed my own fiancé, I almost killed my son, I tried to kill your mother and I DID kill many unnamed dragons. That's what the scourge is. It's evil."
Ambrose

Character Profile
Element: Fire
Who are you?: Student
Infected with the Scourge?: Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:22 am

"I thought you would hear voices," she shook her head a bit confused, "What about seeing things that haven't happened yet come true. The future." She asked him a bit nervously.
Athemise

Character Profile
Element: Psychic
Infected with the Scourge?: Not Infected

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:25 am

"You sound like your mother." He said flatly. "She was, what was it called, a clari-something or other..... clairvoyant that was it." He looked down at her with a slight frown. "You're a psychic right? Did she ever say in that journal about that?"
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:27 am

"Yeah. She said something about bad dream that came true. She wrote she would hear voices of everyone in a room. I'm surprised she didn't go insane and Lille them to shut up." She said as she started to rub her eyes as if she were about to cry.
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:46 am

Ambrose's eyes widened for a second, he wasn't used to kids crying. Aldrich had always been a tough little thing so he'd never had to deal with it much. "Don't start crying Ruby, it's all a part of being a psychic element." He said in what he hoped was a soothing tone. "You'll learn to control it in time. I'm sure hearing voices in your head is scary, but remember, they're other people's thoughts. You aren't going crazy. He crouched down to her level and wiped away her tears. "So don't you go crying, allright? You'll be okay."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 am

The minute he crouched down to wipe her tears,she then hugged him, "But it is scary!"
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:18 am

Ambrose stiffened slightly at her touch, even Aldrich knew he didn't really like being touched, but he allowed it for the moment. He awkwardly patted her back and said, "Well if you're anything like your mah, you're tough. And some silly voices aren't going to stop you. You'll learn to control them in time... I'm not a psychic so I can't really help but I might know one who can, though he ain't exactly a psychic either. But he IS a scholar and usually knows everything." He straightened up and cleared his throat. Aldrich grinned as he latched onto Ambrose's left hand as asked, "Is King going to come?" Ambrose looked down at him frowning a little. "Yes.... I'll see if King will come."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:48 am

Ruby finished wiping her tears and grabbed Ambrose's hand, "If he isn't psychic then what is he?" She smiled and continued walking
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:51 am

"He's a rare element, he's a time element. But he's been around far longer than your mah and I combined. He'll know who can help you though. I know he's busy right now, tomorrow's a very important day for him, so we'll see him next week." He said as the three of them walked down the street.
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 am

"Time dragon, oh like Luna in her book!" She said a bit excited, "Though I don't really know what a time element is, like I said my mom isn't that smart at times. Do you think he would have helped me if he wasn't busy? He sounds powerful."
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:02 am

"He might." Ambrose shrugged. "We're old friends so chances are he will." They turned onto their street and he asked, "Why'd they leave you at an orphanage?" He asked with an edge. "They certainly have the money to care for two kids. Plus it's their responsibility as parents. Why would they abandon you?"
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:06 am

"I have no clue. Sometimes I think my mother didn't do this, but I'm probably just in denial." She said a bit sad and gripped onto his hand more, "Maybe, they didn't want me?"
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:09 am

"Well, then they're a couple of idiots, that's for sure." He said flatly, avoiding cursing since she was a kid. "Kids shouldn't be thrown away, especially one like you. You're smart kiddo, you're gonna make a name for yourself." He squeezed her hand reassuringly and ushered them both inside. "You're always welcome here if you don't want to go back to the orphanage... by the way, where exactly is it? I'd love to pay them a little visit."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:22 am

"I um.. don't know... I kinda just snuck out at night and walked here..." She said scratching her head confused. "I suggest not going there. I don't want you to get in a fight and burn the place down." I said to him and looked away, "I mean half of them are dead anyways." She said quietly under her breath as she walked towards the hallway hoping he didn't hear her.
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:04 am

"I'm not going to burn it." He chuckled dryly. "There are kids in there. But I did want to see if I could find out how to contact your mother. I have some.... questions as to why she would abandon her child. I had thought she was better than that."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:21 am

"Oh uh.. you can't go there." She started stuttering as if something was up. She started to chuckle nervously, "I heard they had relocate or something. Let's watch tv!" She said turning on the tv. The first thing that popped up was the news revealing something about an orphanage, "Were here live at this new orphanage that just opened up. Turns out that the one previous to this was closed down to the sudden death of half of the children. From the looks of it our coroner's report was that their brains exploded from the inside. We'll reveal more information on how this is possible-" Ruby got scared and turned off the tv. "I think I'll go to sleep now."
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:09 pm

"You better back off or I'll blow your brains out!" Ceres's words echoed through his mind as the newscaster spoke. "Ruby..." he said slowly as he turned to look at her. "Did you do that?" His voice was quite but not afraid. After all, he had grown up with a brother of the same element. He remembered the day his brother had accidentally exploded their servant's head in a fit of anger. "If you're going to be living here I need to know the truth."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:18 pm

"It was an accident. My brother went out with Kaze for a walk and I decided to stay. The kids were never nice to me and I just got mad at them picking on me. Then I heard voices, more than one, and I just panicked and screamed. Next thing I know they are dead and I just ran away. I didn't mean to do that. I am a good girl." She started to cry again. Ruby was quite the crybaby so everything made her emotional. "I couldn't control it."
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 pm

"Aldrich, go to your room. I need to speak with Ruby alone." He said quietly to his son, who scampered away obediently, though wide eyed. "I know you aren't bad Ruby and I know you wouldn't kill them on purpose." He whispered as he gently pulled her into a hug. "My brother is a psychic too you know. When he was four he got angry and accidentally killed our servant. He felt horrible about it afterwards.... But you can't help it. You do need to be more aware and I'll do my best to help you control it." He sat there trying to comfort her, his resentment for Athemise growing as he thought about how she had ditched her kid knowing full well the dangers of young psychic dragons. "You're a good kid Ruby and don't you ever think otherwise, you hear me? If you want to, you can stay here with Aldrich and I. We'll help you get through this."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm

"Thabk you!" She hugged him and kept crying. "I do want to stay here with you guys. You really think I can control it?"
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:12 pm

"In time I think you can. It won't be instantaneous mind you, but I'm certain that in time you can." He smiled as stroked her hair affectionately. He was surprised at how fond he'd grown of her in such a short time. He could tell Aldrich liked her too so there shouldn't be any problem with that.
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:17 pm

She wiped her eyes and gave him a big smile, "Where do we begin?"
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:36 pm

"We start with bed." He said as he stood up. "It's very late and I have work tomorrow. I'll contact my brother and see if he can swing by this week to talk. On second thought, I think he'd be a better choice than Kingsley."
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athemise on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:59 pm

"Why not both?" She asked him with a cute smile on her face, "Do you think we can paint the guest room?"
Athemise

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambrose on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 pm

"I'd rather hold off on calling King out unless we really need him. He's very busy." He said as he lead her to her room. "And I'll think about it. What colors did you want?"
Ambrose

Character Profile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next